Old Port Luna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slowly coming back to life.

Go down

Slowly coming back to life.  Empty Slowly coming back to life.

Post  Xedanis October 30th 2014, 12:34 pm

So life has been busy, confusing and downright stressful over the last few days for me.

In short, lots has happened:

• I'm back in college on a 3-year course that has no breaks between semesters. I am now permanently busy in the evenings between 8PM and 11PM.
  • A pile of people are asking me to somehow find time to come back to WoW.
  • My brother in law just went through some very stressful family issues of his own.
  • I got a new laptop, which I am currently trying to sculpt into my new workhorse. This is a lengthy process as I've never used Windows 8.1 before (my old system was 7 Pro) and it needs a lot of customization, as well as installing all my various nonsense.
  • I KNOW Xed is missed. I am TRYING to bring him back more actively, and at least posting on the Necropolis among a couple of other places when i get time to.

Just a brief update. No news on the Radio station at this point.
Xedanis
Xedanis

http://xedanis.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Slowly coming back to life.  Empty Re: Slowly coming back to life.

Post  Xedanis December 11th 2014, 10:15 am

Two months later, an update.

Finding time to dive back into the Xedanis character is slowly becoming easier. However, thanks to the miracle of college and its million-book reading list, my stamina for writing has taken a sizeable hit.

I know. I sound like I'm making excuses. I'm not. But I wanted to at least get something down on the proverbial page because I'm becoming increasingly conscious of how long it's been since I last posted anything, anywhere.

Frustrations with my absense are beginning to rise. I can tell. For some, that's not an issue because their characters are sleeping anyway. For others, it's a blinding cause of anger both in and out of character.

I want to make one thing very clear.

Xedanis is not missing here. I am.

I am the one who is absent.
I am the one who is in college.
I am the one whose "Free" time is now limited to any few minutes I can scrimp into a day when not working, studying, or being a father.

Therefore I would implore each of you to remember that this is an Out Of Character issue, and holding anything against Xedanis in-character due to my limitations is both crass and unfair.

Yes, some of you have noticed that I am back into World of Warcraft. I play for roughly 30 minutes a night, sometimes more if i feel like i've gotten a decent leg up on my college work.

Before you all jump on the troll wagon, I do not disappear into WoW at the neglect of RBC or Xedanis's family. Whenever I am online and playing WoW, my Yahoo Messenger light is on and available. I do not practice the often-popular trend of "hiding" in Messenger.

In short: Xedanis's light is always on when I am online. I send messages to quite a few people. I try to reach out. I even start RPs in longform as an alternative.

Thus far, no one has bothered to acknowledge those or take the initiative to come and talk to me. It's all very well to complain that I / Xedanis is unattentive and neglectful, but this is a two-way situation. There is nothing stopping you from responding to contact, or initiating contact yourself.

I can't always be the initiator. I have a full time job, a full time college program AND a full time family to juggle. I am doing what I can to still be around. If that's not enough for you, then I'm sorry, but there are greater priorities in my life than being online 24/7 and always being the initiator of any interaction between two characters. In the end, RBC is a game. I value the friendships and bonds that I've built and the characters that have grown as much as I have, but that doesn't change the fact that I cannot be 100% RBC, 100% of the time.

If that is what you expect of me, and for some bizarre reason you're unable to accommodate the fact that I have a real life that needs my attention far greater than a game, then I'm sorry.

That's it for now. Except for some rather irrational anger that Windows 8.1 despises Photoshop X4 and therefore I am unable to make banners anymore. Booooooooo.

Love and hugs.

Adam
Xedanis
Xedanis

http://xedanis.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum